2014-01-24

Joined Swimming Classes

Hello there...

Not much to tell. I've only 2hrs of Public Administration class daily. Rest of the time I read newspaper, browse internet and stuff like that. Not much useful stuff and a lot of time is being wasted daily. So, I decided to learn swimming. I've been going for the past 6 days and was told that it would take another 10 days for me to learn the basics of swimming. In the first few days, I struggled a lot to get into the water in this winter, but since then I've adjusted. Now, its going on smoothly.

I've finished the book Alex Ferguson's autobiography. I finished writing my review, but I am not sure if I should publish it. Then regarding preparation for GS Paper II, the less said the better. I know I've made plans but I am unable to keep up with it. But I learnt the lesson last time during Mains exams and hence promised myself that I would finish the syllabus within time and not regret later. I will not make the same mistake again and will try to stick to my plan this time.


Surprise Surprise... I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but Mata is a player I like. I felt bad for him as he became second in the pecking order behind Oscar. He was being benched because of his lack of defensive work. Anyway, good news is that, Manchester United and Chelsea seem to have come to some sort of agreement and we could see Mata in Red Devils jersey very soon. Mata needs playing time so as to stay in form for the upcoming world cup & Man U needs good midfielder to at least clinch top fourth spot. It is a win-win for both parties. Even though, I don't like United, I wouldn't mind Mata getting first team opportunities. Then, Barca drew with Atletico and then with Levante and the lead is not cut to 1 point. With early Saturday kick-off for Real, they could go to the top of the table by beating Granada even though it will be for just one day, should Atletico or Barca win their respective matches. I am sure this title race goes till the last day of the season as Atletico visit Barca on the very same day.

Then issue surrounding Neymar transfer and this matter is being investigated in Spanish court. Due to the threats he & his family are receiving & to protect the image of Barca from all these allegations surrounding Neymar transfer, their President Sandro Rosell resigned just 2 days back. I don't know all the details, but I feel something fishy happened. It's sad that certain people are accusing Real Madrid for all this mess. They say all these attacks against Barcelona are borne out of jealousy from Real Madrid as they fail to win any trophies while Barca have been winning consistently. Again, I don't know if Real was involved or not, but the case was filed by a Barca member. May be Real Madrid was behind him. May be Madrid based newspapers were also responsible for that tax fraud case against Messi. Or may be not. For deeper understanding of the rivalry between the two clubs, I would like to read the book Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

Okay, not much to tell then... Arrivederci. You know where I got that word. It is given in Quick Crossword The Hindu January 23, 2014. It means Italian goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment