2014-03-03

Update

Hello there...

Lately, I've been very busy and hence I didn't have time to post in my blog. Actually, I've read people saying that they are too busy to keep blogging often and I always found it to be a silly reason. But, I realised that they may have a case. Listen to my daily routine. I have swimming classes for 2hrs in the morning, then 2 hrs of Public Administration classes in the afternoon. That's it. Now, if a person like me who's engaged for only 4hrs can't find time to write something on the blog, I can see how most of the others don't have time for this.

Anyway, Public Administration classes are excellent, our Sir teaches Paper I very well. Then in the one month of swimming classes, I could only go for about 20 days. I now know how to swim, but I must practice breathing. You know, the act of lifting your head just above the water to inhale when you've just run out of your last breathe. I am planning to practice swimming at the pool itself where one can pay 80/- for one hour a day and swim there.


Then, thanks to our internet connection, I am regularly following all that is happening in European Football, or to be more precise the top 4 leagues. And only first division football in those leagues. First things first, Real Madrid CF are on an unbelievable run where they remain unbeaten for around 28 matches, I guess. And, yesterday's match wih Atleico was very intense and rough, for a while, I thought we would loose, but then our superstar came to the rescue. And if we beat Barcelona this month, the league will be ours most probably. Then Arsenal lost to Stoke City and are slipping. You know when Ozil missed the penalty against Bayern, I really really felt bad for him. I just want people to give him some time to adapt to the English game and everything.

I've been preparing, not as much as I wanted, but I've been reading the news, especially district & city news. Just in case, I qualify Mains, I must be aware of what's happening in the district. Then, I applied for SSC, because you know there is only so much you can just prepare for civils. And I've been preparing for last 2 years. I didn't think it would be wise on my part to stay free for one more year and prepare for civils. With this 2 year preparation, and with the preparation that I could muster while being on the job, I'll give my further attempts.


And one point I want to mention, the relative weakness of Bundesliga is coming to Bayern's advantage now. Now that, they won the bundesliga, they can solely concentrate on Champions League by resting top players in league games and staying fresh for CL games. In 2011 CL semifinal, Real visited Barcelona and won 1-2. Just three days after that 2nd leg CL semifinals were played. Now, Real players were exhausted from their El Classico match and same with Barcelona players. But Bayern and Chelsea who were not in the league race that year, rested all their top players and played with the fresh squad for their encounters with Real and Barca respectively. And both Real and Barca were knocked out and Chelsea eventually won the CL that year by beating Bayern in final in a penalty shoot-out. My point is teams with little or no domestic competition hold an advantage in Champions League because of their fresh squad, no injuries etc. I fear now the same is going to happen with Bayern; at least Real had Barca to make it take every match seriously and not slip in league race, but now Bayern undermined Bundesliga by buying Gotze & Lewandowski from Dortmund, the only team that can challenge them in their league. Now, by weakening their rivals, Bayern already won the league and are solely focussed on CL. Anyway... later....

No comments:

Post a Comment