2018-09-02

Mains from Sep 28th

Hello there....


I think its my 1st or 2nd post this year...

Civils & later

I cleared prelims.... this is my 6th & final attempt in cracking civils... this time I joined test series prog... few friends highlighted the importance of answer writing... so, I joined some institute for Mains test series... lets see how it goes...

I havent really planned as to what I would do once this Mains is over... should I prepare for state groups, should I join some job (teaching side, IT side), I dont know... IT side pays well, but it would be difficult (especially after 7yrs of gap preparing for civils); Parents pressure mounting on me to secure a job and get married immediately... well, cant blame them really, they have supported me till now, and its only normal to see Indian parents wanting to get their son married at the right age (actually, I am little north of right age to get married) :P


Coming to football

World Cup
a) I wished Modric lifted the trophy... anyway, Congrats to Croatia for reaching final for the first time in their history... Modric rightly won player of the tournament...
b) Still no world cup for either Messi or Ronaldo... for Ronaldo, its almost over... well, at least he has Euro 2016... Messi - I aint sure if he continues with Argentina... they have Copa America next year in 2019... so he has another shot at national trophy... lets see how it goes...



Real Madrid
a) Zidane left (well, he achieved all he could... won La Liga, CL, club world cup, UEFA euro cup, spanish super cup.. everything there is)
b) Ronaldo left = may be it was due to RM not keeping their promise of improved contract after 2nd CL win in 2016-17; may be it was due to tax issues with Spanish govt... may be it was his desire to win Serie A & CL with Juve (there by completing the trident; winning everything in - Serie A, La Liga, EPL); anyway, its over now... we must look ahead... I'm surprised that Perez didnt bring either Neymar or Mbappe... so, no galactico signing this year...
c) Lopetegui was appointed as new RM coach... actually, I noticed change in teams playing style... more possession, more fluidity as was evident from the match against Leganes...


Targets for RM
a) well, first & foremost target is to win LaLiga... 7 times in last 10yrs won by Barca... so, its time now for us to win La Liga
b) Its very difficult to win CL this year... our players motivation levels might not be so much after winning thrice in a row... then Ronaldo, the top scorer in CL history, left our club & joined Juve... Another reason is there are quite some clubs that are seriously competing for CL this year (compared to earlier times - when it was hardly 3, 4 teams)

Atletico = twice lost in finals against us... they retained Greizman showing intent... most importantly CL final will be played at their home stadium

Barca = Messi's first words as captain (after Iniesta departure) was that the defeat against Rome last year hurt them and to win CL back at any cost... Even with Messi (arguably the best player in this era) in their team, that Real won it 4 times in last 5yrs = doesnt look good on Barca's part; so, they are determined to win it this time)

Bayern = perennial contenders... since Jupp Heynckes left in 2013, they havent been able to win... During Pep's 3 seasons, they finished as semi-finalists (all 3 times losing against Spanish teams); last 2yrs RM eliminated them (Vidal was crying about referee decisions - who conveniently ignored that it was never a penalty against Carvajal in 1st leg... that Lewa was offside for Sergio Ramos own goal in 2nd leg); anyway, Bayern are highly motivated to win again, Though their team is aging, they have it relatively easy in league, keeping them fresh & injury-free towards the season-end

Juve = lost twice in finals - against Barca & against us... they signed Ronaldo at 33yrs... so, they are dtermined to win CL at any cost this year... Allegri has won everything domestically and it is CL that is his & every Juve fan's dream...

Pep's city = no CL trophy for Pep since he left Barca... well, he made it to semis 3 times with Bayern.... but lost to Monaco last year, and lost to Liverpool this year... Aside from Pep, Man City as a club want to win CL for the first time in their history and make it big in European football

PSG = signed Neymar on world record transfer fee... now they have world cup star Mbappe... like ManCity, they too are eyeing for CL to establish their arrival at Europe's big stage...

Liverpool = I dont really see them as contenders, but they made it to final last year courtesy of outstanding Salah...

and not to mention

REAL MADRID = 13 time champions... we are always there, although as I conceded earlier it would be difficult for us to win


Books

a) I havent really read any books, but once this civils is over, I will read regularly, despite what profession, what career I am in... even if I get selected (by gods grace - I dont believe in god per se, so, its just an expression) in civil services, I'll try to find some time in reading books amidst my tight schedule...

So, thats it for now...

HalaMadrid

No comments:

Post a Comment